We Praise God for What He’s Done in 2021 Including:
- First and foremost, we praise God for His love for us which we celebrate this time of year:“This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.” 1 John 4:9-10
We also Praise God for:
- Leading us to Camp Berea and clearly confirming His will for us to be here in many ways.
- Providing the land we purchased across the street from camp, even in a competitive market.
- Giving us the opportunity to get to know our small, tight-knit community through building our home.
- Bringing together all the people involved with building our home, who know and love camp and are excited for us.
- Providing a house we can live in at camp while our trailer is winterized.
- Assembling like-minded team members who are excited to launch a discipleship Bible study among the young adult staff with us.
- Finding a community of families with kids around our kids ages who enjoy the outdoors as much as we do.
- Providing financially thus far through the generosity of many of you whom God has moved to partner with us, which has enabled us to devote our time to ministry.
- Giving Rachel the opportunity to make connections with other moms, homeschool Rusty and be part of the Berea community
- For good health for everyone to be able to launch our discipleship Bible study in early January and receptive hearts to applying the Gospel truth to our lives.
- For the hearts of the kids who will be attending the winter retreats and hearing the Gospel (around 3,000 people will attend the teen retreats over the next 12 weeks).
- For the funds to come in to keep our house building project on schedule.
Earlier this month we had all the closing costs together, signed all the documents, our builder ordered the preliminary materials and we planned for a late January closing on the construction loan. Then, we were notified that building costs went up again, with a several thousand dollar surcharge due at closing. We are trusting God to provide for this urgent need to keep this project on schedule. If you’d like to invest in what God is doing through us here through a ministry gift, see our support page.
In case you’ve missed our recent updates, we purchased land across the street from Camp Berea in September. We’ve been in the process of building a simple home! Above is the sketch of the house.
So far in the construction:
- The driveway has been put in
- The trees have been cleared
- The septic and site plan have been created
- The excavation has begun
- If all the funds come in, Lord-willing our foundation will be poured in MAY and the house could be ready for use in June or July! This means we may be able to use our home for more hospitality among the summer staff than we originally anticipated!
- We PRAISE GOD for all of the great people who are working hard to make this happen here in New Hampshire. Our excavator had been involved with camp as a camper and a contractor over the years. Please continue to pray for our testimonies as we work with a variety of believers and unbelievers throughout this project.
Ways to Support the Lord’s Work Here
Christian Worker’s Fellowship
P.O. Box 12347
Kansas City, KS 66112
Include a separate note that it’s for David and Rachel VanDuzer.
*Postmark by 12/31/21 if you want it to count for your 2021 charitable giving.
Click the link above, then choose “Commended Workers,” then enter David or Rachel VanDuzer in the name/need you wish to give to.
*Give online by 12/31/21 if you want it to count for your 2021 charitable giving. We will receive any gifts given after 12/23 by late January or early February.
Thank you for your partnership in the work the Lord has called us to in New Hampshire and beyond through prayer, communication and financial support! Your support makes a tremendous difference in our ability to serve here so that we can impact young people with the Gospel!